(Listed In Order of Most Commonly Implemented)
Commercial Marketing Programs:
- Establishment of a permanent Commercial Marketing Committee.
- Development and implementation of a commercial marketing strategy and image building theme.
- Development of a “shop locally” campaign as a means of offsetting existing retail sales leakage.
- Development of a coordinated annual program of retail-oriented promotions, events and activities.
- Development of an annual program of special events and activities.
- Publication of a “Directory of Downtown Goods and Services.”
- Stimulation of tourism activity.
Civic Beautification Programs And Projects:
- Streetscape improvement projects such as street furniture and street trees, tree grates.
- Development of a program of visual amenities such as flags, banners, seasonal decorations, etc.
- Establishment of a public arts program.
- Development of improved, more aesthetic, public-private signage.
- Development of entranceway monumentation, signage, arches and decorations.
Commercial Recruitment and Retention Programs:
(Filling commercial vacancies with the most desirable new businesses)
- Carry out surveys to determine most desired new businesses to fill existing vacancies or vacancies as they occur.
- Encourage successful existing businesses to re-locate and/or expand into stronger locations within project area.
- Attempt to strengthen desired existing businesses that may be weak or failing.
- Attempt to discourage “hobby businesses” or “functional vacancies “that weaken the project area’s vitality.
BID Programs Administration:
(Providing a support system for BID programs)
- Possibly hire part-time or full-time BID Programs Administrator.
- Set up an organizational office, if possible.
- Expansion and beautification of existing parking.
- Work to improve public knowledge of existing parking through sponsorship of maps and signage.
- Provide an organized lobbying force to work for public parking improvements.